The Student News Site of Scheck Hillel Community School

The Roar Post

The Roar Post

The Roar Post

What Makes Our Faculty “Roar”?

Amongst our many staff, these specific teachers have been chosen to answer the ongoing questions we come across concerning our faculty and students at Scheck Hillel. Like our school mascot, the lion, each of our teachers contributes to making our faculty “roar”. The staff at Scheck Hillel possess special characteristics and life experiences that shape the demeanor and overall personality of our school and community. They add their individual strengths that are created from their life passions. 

Dr. Robert Lawrie

Dr. Lawrie joined the Hillel staff this year as a United States History teacher. Dr. Lawrie has a tremendous passion for teaching and believes it is one of the reasons why God created him. What makes him “roar” is being a lifelong learner. He recently got out of school after receiving his Ph.D. He strongly believes in the power of education and empowering others to share the same appreciation as him. Dr. Lawrie also has an interest in the Jewish religion and loves being around Hillel students to learn more about what it means to be Jewish. He enjoys traveling and recently visited Israel for the first time to become more familiar with our culture. He stated, “I was in Israel in April, and I had the absolute best time while visiting the historical and religious sites.” Dr. Lawrie is excited he joined the Scheck Hillel team. May he have lots of success!

Morah Esther Ben Shalom

Morah Esther is a Hebrew teacher at Scheck Hillel. Morah Esther has shared that she is extremely passionate about her job as a teacher, as well as spreading knowledge about Israel and the Hebrew language. She enjoys learning new ideas from her students each day in the classroom. Her motivation and what makes her “roar” is the immense joy she receives from her family, particularly her sons. She stated, “Observing and playing an active role in their growth is a priceless experience that I cherish. I am grateful for every moment we spend together, whether sharing a meal, engaging in a fun activity, or simply having a conversation.” Morah Esther believes that communicating effectively both in the classroom and in real life is vital. She loves teaching at Hillel because it feels like a family to her due to the warm and welcoming atmosphere. May Morah Esther have many more successful years here at Scheck Hillel.

Donate to The Roar Post

Your donation will support the student journalists of Scheck Hillel Community School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.