The Student News Site of Scheck Hillel Community School

The Roar Post

The Roar Post

The Roar Post

THE DESCENDANTS: An EVILICIOUS Scheck Hillel Production

Mirror, Mirror on the wall, which school musical is the wickedest of them all?

Over the past week, this year’s spellbinding production of Disney’s The Descendants has taken audiences by storm. Performed by over 20 members spanning from ages 10 to 15 of Scheck Hillel’s Jordan Alexander Performing Arts Program and directed by Stuart Rosenthal, this musical was certainly among the best I have ever seen!

The production included captivating and fun musical numbers from both the first and second Descendants movies that the plot is based on, split between two acts that constituted the show’s two-hour run time. The performances took place on February 21st, 22nd, and 25th, not including a special performance designated solely for the middle school on February 23rd.

The plot followed the descendants of Disney’s worst villains, four of whom were sent to the magical kingdom of Auradon on a mission to steal the land’s most sought-after possession, the Fairy Godmother’s wand. Mal, daughter of Maleficent, Evie, daughter of the Evil Queen, Jay, son of Jafar, and Carlos, son of Cruella de Vil embark on their most challenging journey. In this tale of love and found family, they discovered the path they really wanted to take–goodness. Was evil all there was to offer for our protagonists, or were they finally ready to redeem themselves and save all of Auradon from a looming threat?

While the play has since come to a close, it is only a matter of time before others will enchant audiences the same way The Descendants has. With the lower school’s production of CATS getting ready to make its debut mid-April, many are eager to see what more Scheck Hillel’s performing arts program has to offer.

Remember, if you see people who participated in the play, be sure to give them some praise for all of the hard work they put into their performances. It is what our friends and family enjoy doing, and they can’t keep up the great work without your support!

Donate to The Roar Post

Your donation will support the student journalists of Scheck Hillel Community School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.