The Student News Site of Scheck Hillel Community School

The Roar Post

The Roar Post

The Roar Post

Coffee Crave Hits Scheck Hillel

Have you tried the new coffee shop on campus? If not, drop what you’re doing and head there now! This new addition to Scheck Hillel Community School’s campus is a wonderful amenity that both high school students and staff can enjoy! Offerings range from coffee to juice and even include pastries. These foods and drinks give those who enjoy them a wonderful start to their day. 

The new coffee shop helps students in many ways. It is said that “breakfast is the most important meal of the day.The shop lets students have a more accessible and time-friendly breakfast, as opposed to eating at home. It also helps students focus more on their academics and stops them from being distracted by their hunger. 

Additionally, the coffee shop encourages students to arrive at school earlier. Because the coffee shop serves breakfast, students who come to office hours may complete their missing tests/formatives while also eating breakfast. This solved a difficulty faced by many students: deciding whether to eat breakfast or attend office hours. Another issue having a coffee shop addresses is when children who are not hungry at home get hungry at school. The option of a school breakfast eliminates the possibility of children missing breakfast. After all, this coffee business makes breakfast more easily accessible to those who need it. 

The new business provides students and teachers with enough energy to last them until lunch. Many people are aware that concentrating at school may be difficult when they are hungry. Many grades begin to decline and children start to get cranky. Being hungry severely impairs a child’s ability to focus. Just a single croissant from the school’s coffee shop can fix the majority of these issues. Being even somewhat full can keep a student from slacking. The added boost of energy that breakfasts supply goes hand-in-hand with helping students avoid being in a poor mood, which is useful for both teachers and students. When students are nourished, they are happier and more cooperative. This benefits teachers by encouraging their students to be more well-behaved, making the class more productive. Having breakfast at Hillel can help students avoid getting into trouble when they are in a “hangry” mood.

In all, the addition of a coffee shop to the Hillel campus has proved to be a positive and practical resource for enhancing the school experience for every student and teacher in Hillel.

Donate to The Roar Post

Your donation will support the student journalists of Scheck Hillel Community School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.