The Student News Site of Scheck Hillel Community School

The Roar Post

The Roar Post

The Roar Post

Hillel Lions Win 2-0 in District-Final Soccer against SLAM

On Thursday, February 1st, our Scheck Hillel Lions played in their district-final soccer game against SLAM!, winning 2-0. Student life at Scheck Hillel brought a bus of students to the game and canceled school for all high school students to let them go to the soccer game at 2:00 pm and traveled to the Little Haiti Soccer Field. As Oded Karavani said, “Students asked me in the past how we can bring more people to the game. Student Life is literally busing people to the game.” Over 30 student ‘fans’ came to the game. “It was a whole different game since we brought fans to it,” said Isi Waich (‘25, #24 on the Varsity Soccer Team). “The game could’ve had completely different results if we didn’t have our supporters there, so I thank everyone for coming. GO LIONS!” After our sweeping 2-0 win, Oded commented, “We wanted to give students an opportunity to support their friends. We’re very proud of both our boys and girls soccer teams for achieving this district title. The purpose was to raise the overall ruach and excitement in school and give the chance to support our friends as they compete at the highest level in sports. We look forward to celebrating many more achievements in the near future.”

Donate to The Roar Post

Your donation will support the student journalists of Scheck Hillel Community School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.