The Student News Site of Scheck Hillel Community School

The Roar Post

The Roar Post

The Roar Post

Fueling Lion Pride with Spirit Week: Sukkot Edition!

There is nothing more exciting than seeing the Sheck Hillel high schoolers fueling their Lion pride during Spirit Week! As a way to embrace the holiday of Sukkot, High School Student Life Director Oded Karavani and the High School Student Government joined forces to fill a short school week full of energy and liveliness. Each day of the week consisted of a specific theme that connected to the holiday of Sukkot. Students were encouraged to wear the attire associated with each theme. 

Tuesday, October 3rd, was “PJ Day.” Students were asked to come to school wearing their coziest pajamas. The connection of “PJ Day” to Sukkot is the mitzvah for Jews to sleep in the Sukkah. 

The following day, Wednesday, October 4th, was “Neon Day.” To create a more luminescent atmosphere in the Sheck Hillel campus, students arrived at school wearing an array of neon colors. Students wore neon to demonstrate decorating the Sukkah. 

Thursday, October 5th, was “Mishpacha B’Sukkah” Day. On the last (and most exciting) day of Spirit Week, each high school grade came to school dressed up as the specific generation corresponding to their grade. The Freshman Class came dressed up as little toddlers, while the sophomores were dressed as rebellious teens. Juniors arrived at school dressed as adults and seniors as senior citizens. The goal of the last day of Spirit Week was to embrace the importance of being with the family in the Sukkah. What can better represent the importance of family than seeing Hillel students dressed up as one big family?

Did you think Oded and the High School Student Government only had things in store for Spirit Week? Well, you’re wrong! To raise the ruach and Lion Pride to the next level, Oded and the Student Government created the “Grade Champions League,” where each grade competed with each other to see who had the most spirit during Spirit Week. Activities included “Marshmellow Eating,” “Finish the Lyrics,” and “Huff and Puff.”

Thank you to Oded and the High School Student Government for making Sukkot more meaningful and exciting for the high school students. Let’s hope to see many more Spirit Weeks to come!

Donate to The Roar Post

Your donation will support the student journalists of Scheck Hillel Community School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.