The Student News Site of Scheck Hillel Community School

The Roar Post

The Roar Post

The Roar Post

Jewish Solidarity at Miami Beach Israel Rally

On Tuesday, October 10th, thousands of people came to the Miami Beach Holocaust Memorial in solidarity with Israel. The event was put together by the Greater Miami Jewish Federation, the Jewish Community Relations Council, and the Rabbinical Association of Greater Miami.

The rally hosted many speakers, among them Consulate General of Israel to Miami (and Hillel parent) Maor Elbaz-Starinsky, Senator Marco Rubio, Miami Beach Mayor Dan Gelber, Miami Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava, and Florida Representative Frederica Wilson. Each speaker talked about the importance of Israel’s success in the face of unprecedented attacks carried out by Hamas terrorists. Speeches centered around Iran’s role in funding terrorist organizations such as Hamas and Hezbollah. The event also touched upon the severity of the attacks within the context of Jewish history. Speakers emphasized how October 7th marked the most Jewish lives killed in a single day since the end of the Holocaust. 

The occasion was guarded by high levels of security, with snipers perched on a roof near the monument in the case of disturbance. This matches the general uptick in security for Jewish institutions and gatherings throughout the world.  

Though solemn, the night ended on a positive note. Speeches spoke of Israel’s imminent success in the battle against terror. Members of the government ensured the crowd that although Israel’s fight would be long and hard, it would end with a triumphant victory for the State of Israel and Jews all over the world.

Donate to The Roar Post

Your donation will support the student journalists of Scheck Hillel Community School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.