Every year, millions of people gather to watch the Super Bowl. Two teams face off in the National Football League championship game as fans cheer in the stadium seats, or with family and friends at home. As people watch the game from the comfort of home, the food they eat plays a significant role in the “Super Bowl experience”. To make it easier to choose which foods to make, here are some delicious, kosher snacks to eat while enjoying the game.
Sweet n’ Salty Chex Mix
Trail mix is a fun and yummy snack to enjoy while watching the Super Bowl. This recipe is easy and quick to make!
1 Bag of Rold Gold Football Shaped Pretzels (or any pretels)
½ Bag of Party Size M&Ms
1 ½ Cups of Marshmallows
2 Cups of Rice Chex Cereal
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!
Brownies are a delicious dessert, and always a fan favorite! These football brownies will be a crowd pleaser.
For the brownies:
1 cup unsalted butter
2 1/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly grease a 9×13 pan.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, then add the sugar and stir to combine. Heat just until the mixture is hot, but don’t let it bubble. Watch for it to start looking shiny as you stir it.
- As the butter is heating, n a large bowl beat the 4 eggs with the cocoa, salt, baking powder, and vanilla till smooth.
- Add the hot butter & sugar mixture to the egg & cocoa mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Add the flour and chocolate chips, again stirring until smooth.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the edges of the brownies look set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. It’s ok if a few crumbs stick to the toothpick…the middle should be very moist, but not unbaked!
For the frosting:
3 Egg Whites
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
4 cups of confectioners sugar
- In large bowl of stand mixer combine the egg whites and vanilla and beat until frothy.
- Add confectioners’ sugar gradually and mix on low speed until sugar is incorporated and the mixture is shiny.
- Turn speed up to high and beat until mixture forms stiff, glossy peaks. This should take approximately 5 to 7 minutes. Add food coloring, if desired. For immediate use, transfer icing to a pastry bag or heavy duty storage bag and pipe as desired. If using a storage bag, clip corner. Store in airtight container in a refrigerator for up to 3 days.
After you bake the brownies, cut the brownies into long rectangles. After, cut the corners of the rectangles off and put frosting on the brownies to look like the laces on the football. After, enjoy your football treats!
Homemade Salsa and Guacamole
3 Chopped Tomatoes
3 Chopped Onions
2 Minced garlic cloves
Hot Peppers (optional)
Pinch of Salt
- Chop the tomatoes, onions, garlic, and peppers and put them in a large bowl.
- Mix in the lime juice, and salt with the chopped vegetables.
2 Mashed Avocados
⅔ of a Lime Squeezed
Pinch of Salt
- Mash the avocado and put them in a medium-size bowl.
- Mix in the squeezed lime and salt into the bowl.
These snacks are perfect for the Super Bowl. They are super fun and easy to make and delicious to enjoy. Whether you make one recipe or all, your Super Bowl will be a great time with any of these snacks!